Our Vision, Mission, and Values
We empower people to reach their full potential.
The Steelcase Foundation has two mission-based grantmaking priorities, both of which highly value social justice.
Our primary focus is to cultivate quality, accessible public education and communities that empower children birth through 12th grade to realize their full potential through:
- Accessible, quality early learning experiences
- Development of highly effective teachers and school leadership
- Parent/caregiver development, engagement, and advocacy
- Age-aligned literacy program access, improvement and achievement
- Removal of learning barriers and impediments for children
- Development of 21st Century curricula and practices
Our secondary focus is to foster the vibrancy of communities by supporting artistic and social efforts.
We have a sense of responsibility to others and are committed to improving the human condition.
Partnerships are at the heart of success. Collaboration accelerates listening, learning and working together to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Organizations operate best when there is clear representation of the people they serve, at every level.
Our relationships are conducted with high integrity, respect and fairness.
Our work is our primary focus; our public presence is understated.
We are a passionate agent of innovation, encouraging risk-taking and new approaches to achieve desired results.
We support diligent, highly-responsive accountability and continuous improvement to achieve meaningful results, with lasting impact.